Product DescriptionThe Ascent Posterior Occipital Cervical Thoracic System allows surgeons to address complicated fusion cases from the base of the skull to the thoracic region. While the occipital plate enables fixation to the occiput, the detailed engineering of the multi-axial screws and cross connectors simplify the procedure. The multi-axial screws feature 66 degrees of angulation which minimizes rod contouring. The multi-plane adjustable cross connectors are pre-assembled and utilize a drop-in design for easy insertion.
When intended to promote fusion of the cervical spine and occipito-cervico-thoracic junction (occiput-T3), the Ascent Posterior Occipital Cervical Thoracic System is indicated for:
- Degenerative disc disease (defined as neck pain of discogenic origin with degeneration of the disc confirmed by patient history and radiographic studies)
- Spinal stenosis
- Atlanto-axial fracture with instability
- Occipito-cervical dislocation
- Revision of previous cervical spine surgery
- Occipital anchor plates accommodate varying patient anatomies
- 66 degrees of angulation maximize range of motion & minimizes rod contouring
- No-assembly cross connector provides multi-plane adjustability: translation, rotation and angulation
- Connectors enable extended construct from thoracic to lumbar
Strength and Flexibility
- With four plate widths (31, 37, 45 and 50mm), the Occipital Anchor Plates accommodate varying patient anatomies.
- Four points of fixation to the occiput provide added security
- Occipital Plate enables fixation to extend to occiput
- 4 points of fixation
Reliable and Flexible Tools
- Designed to simplify and streamline your procedures, Ascent POCT System instruments come in a variety of sizes and configurations.
- Rod Reducer allows for simultaneous rod reduction and set screw placement
Multi-Axial Screws and Cross-Connectors
- Multi-Axial Screws feature 66 degrees of angulation to minimize rod contouring and make obtaining optimal bone purchase a simpler task.
- Screws available in 3.5mm and 4.0mm diameters and are color-coded for easy identification
- Multi-Axial Adjustable Cross Connectors are pre-assembled and utilize a drop-in design to add additional torsional rigidity to the construct
- Top-loading/top-tightening design also enhances medial-lateral variability and increases flexibility at transitional segments, enabling translation, rotation and angulation
- Together, the screws and cross connectors increase efficiency while decreasing procedural steps.
- Morbid obesity
- Mental illness
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Metal sensitivity/allergies
- Severe osteopenia
- Patients unwilling or unable to follow post-operative care instructions
- Any circumstances not listed under the heading Indications